October 22, 2018

Can I Trick My Brain-Damaged Brother Into Taking His Meds?

This question, or variations on it, come up frequently in the world of elder law and special needs planning. An adult child will call, asking about how to help get his mother (who is experiencing memory loss and paranoia) to take needed medications. A parent of an adult child with a cognitive impairment will have ask about persuading (or deceiving) their loved one into taking their meds, or going along with placement in a facility. People have heard that guardianship is expensive and intrusive. They often look first to solutions that avoid the court process.

The recent Ethicist article in the New York Times (link here), titled Can I Trick My Brain-Damaged Brother Into T...

Please reload

Featured Posts

At long last, HUD has published a letter confirming that ABLE Accounts (and money coming in and out of them) will not adversely affect eligibility for...

HUD Publishes Letter Regarding ABLE Accounts

May 4, 2019

Please reload

Recent Posts
Please reload

Please reload

Search By Tags